As a Landlord, you have a responsibility to ensure your property is safe and secure for your tenant at all times. Therefore, in the event of a home emergency, it is your duty to sort the issue out as soon as possible.
Landlord Home Emergency Cover will take care of these situations for you, without you ever needing to pick up the phone during an emergency. With authorised tenant direct contact, you’ll no longer need to be the middleman between the tenant and the contractor. We will deal with calls at unsociable times so you don’t have to.
Our Landlord Home Emergency Insurance also comes with zero excess and no-call out charges. The only thing you have to pay is the initial price.
Please download and read the Product Information Document & Policy Wording for a full description of all the benefits and protection, prior to proceeding with your purchase.
Boiler breakdown, a contribution to it's replacement and alternative heating allowance included in our cover.
An infestation of wasp nests, hornet nests, mice and/or rats.
Missing, broken or loose tiles causing internal water damage.
Overnight accommodation where the home is rendered uninhabitable.
Primary Heating System
The complete breakdown of the domestic boiler and/or central heating system which results in the loss of heating and/or hot water.
Boiler Replacement Contribution
A contribution towards the cost of a replacement boiler should yours be deemed to be beyond economical repair.
Up to £100 towards the cost of alternative heating sources where deemed necessary following a claim under Primary Heating System
Plumbing & Drainage
Damage to or failure of the plumbing and drainage system where internal flooding or water damage is likely, including blocked toilets and external drains.
An electricity failure of at least one complete circuit.
Repairing or replacing a section of damaged internal gas supply pipe causing a leak.
A complete loss of the water supply to the kitchen or bathroom.
Damage to or failure of an external lock, door or window which renders the home insecure.
Access to Home
Loss of the only available key to the home which cannot be replaced, and normal access cannot be obtained
- Circumstances which are not defined as an Emergency
- Circumstances known to you prior to the commencement date of this insurance.
- Claims arising within the first 14 days from the commencement of this insurance.
- Systems and/or equipment which has not been properly installed or maintained.
- Any claim arising from gradual deterioration and/or wear and tear.
- Garages, outbuildings, leisure equipment, cesspits, septic tanks, swimming pools or fuel tanks (unless covered under Pests).
- Claims where our engineer has advised there is no emergency repair available.
- General maintenance work or any system that has not been regularly maintained.
- Costs for excavation or trace and access.
- The replacement of water tanks, cylinders, and central heating radiators; external WC’s; external pipes and taps.
- Descaling, any work arising from hard water deposits and/or power flushing.
- The interruption or disconnection of public services to the home however caused.
- For Residential Plus Cover, Boilers that are over 15 years old are also excluded.
Important Restrictions - Residential Plus Cover
- The maximum amount payable per claim is £500.00
- The maximum amount payable per period of insurance is £1,000.
- Overnight Accommodation claims up to £250.
- All claims should be reported within 24 hours
- You have to wait 14 days from the start of the contract to make any claim
- Your home must be your permanent place of residence and occupied by you and your family.
- Circumstances known to you prior to the commencement date of the policy will not be covered.
- Claims arising where the home has been left unoccupied for a period exceeding 30 consecutive days.
Our Landlord Home Emergency cover is designed to keep your tenants safe and happy at all times. In the event of an emergency, we will ensure a contractor is sent out as soon as possible to fix any issues within your property.
This will save you time and effort finding and appointing your own contractor – and you won’t even have to deal with the call yourself! Our Landlord Home Emergency Insurance provides authorised tenant contact, so they can call us directly if they’re experiencing an issue.
With a dedicated team and selection of quality contractors, we work to make sure we provide the best landlord emergency cover for you.